Venice, Florida — SoftJin, introduced NxDAT, a tool for the analysis of defects identified by mask inspection systems. The software includes features for defect navigation, visual display, defect selection and filtering, defect classification, clustering,
CD analysis, analysis over multiple inspections, repeatability and trend
analysis. These features along with automatic generation of reports, charts, graphs,
image mosaics and paretos improve the productivity of the mask inspection
operators. The software supports several types of defect analyses including die-to-die
and die-to-database thereby making it applicable at both mask shops and wafer fabs.
The features such as automatic grid detection, comparison of actual detection line against
the expected detection line and repeatability analysis on test masks allow NxDAT to be
used also for calibrating the mask inspections systems to check their defect detection
NxDAT's "open architecture" makes it easily extensible to support multiple mask
inspection tools from different vendors. A plug-in interface to NxDAT enables
users to add their own proprietary defect analysis and image processing algorithms as
well. Based on SoftJin's Nirmaan post layout software development toolkit platform,
NxDAT combines mask inspection and design automation worlds by supporting
correlation of defect data on reticles with design layout data in any major industry
standard layout and mask data formats.
NxDAT is now available for evaluation. Key Features of NxDAT are:
- Easy and fast defect navigation, visual display, defect selection and filtering,
defect classification and measurement, automated clustering of defects, repeatability and trend analysis.
- Image analysis with cross-section and CD analysis.
- Refreshing of defect files allows incremental defect analysis.
- Analysis over multiple inspections - intended to allow different inspections to be
carried out using mask inspection machines from different vendors.
- Automated grid line detection and detection line determination for test masks.
- Automatic generation of reports, tables, charts, graphs, image mosaic and paretos.
- Supports correlation of defect data with layout/mask data in GDSII, OASIS,
OASIS.VSB and MEBES format.
- Allows importing, attaching and analysis of images from external tools such as
Review Tool or CD-SEM tool.
- Plug-In interface enables Users to add their own proprietary defect analysis and
image processing algorithms.
- Features in NxDAT can be enhanced with specific needs of the end customer using
SoftJin's customized software development services.
For more details please see SoftJin's website