Santa Clara, Calif. Agilent Technologies Inc. has introduced the highly integrated FieldFox handheld RF analyzer for wireless network installation and maintenance (I&M).
Key measurements include cable and antenna test from 2 MHz to 4/6 GHz, spectrum analysis from 100 kHz to 4/6 GHz, vector network analysis, and true average power measurements.
The FieldFox handheld RF analyzer is the first and only RF tool for basestation I&M that is calibration-ready at the test port, according to Agilent. It combines multiple RF measurement capabilities in one rugged and compact package and can address complex wireless networks with test times that are more than 50 percent faster than traditional testers, said the company.
Agilent also claims that it is the only handheld analyzer that can make return-loss and distance-to-fault measurements at the same time. This allows users to quickly check system performance and to identify potentially degraded system components simultaneously, doubling the efficiency compared to traditional testers.
Key features include:
- Integrated QuickCal eliminates the need to carry a calibration kit into the field, simplifying cable and antenna test
- Immediate calibration with FieldFox's CalReady makes the unit calibration ready at the cable and antenna test port immediately following power-up or preset
- A task-driven user interface derived directly from standard field test procedures
- Unmatched sweep speed reduces time-to-problem resolution with test times more than 50 percent faster than traditional RF handheld instruments
- Fast fault location with 1001-point resolution and 96-dB dynamic range in the spectrum analysis mode
- Versatile field usability with its lightweight (6.2 lbs.), transflective display, backlit keys, simple data transfer and connectivity
- Water-resistant chassis withstands wide temperature ranges and humid environments, meeting tough environmental standards (MIL-PRF-28800F)
Pricing: The FieldFox handheld RF analyzer (N9912A) is available worldwide at a starting price of $7,600.
Product information: FieldFox handheld RF analyzer, FieldFox backgrounder, and flash video of FieldFox
Agilent Technologies Inc., 1-800-829-4444, www.agilent.com