Known for their formal functional verification solutions, the folks at OneSpin Solutions have announced what they say is the industry's first structured, step-by-step approach to learning and adopting comprehensive formal assertion-based verification (ABV).
This approach is enabled by five interoperable products in a new, integrated 360 MV product family designed for formal verification novices, experienced users, and experts.
Entry and exit points at six application levels let companies best meet their verification needs, and help new users become productive in days. OneSpin also announced a new proof-based debugger for complex SystemVerilog Assertions (SVAs).
New proof-based debugger for complex SystemVerilog Assertions.
In contrast to the manual effort required in other formal tools, this automatically locates the root-cause that makes an assertion fail, addressing a critical productivity issue in the use of complex assertions. The new tools will be shown for the first time in OneSpin's Booth #507 at EDSFair 2009, Jan. 22-23, 2009 at the Pacifico Yokohama Conference Center in Kanagawa, Japan.
OneSpin's comprehensive 360 MV product family supports three levels of "standard" formal ABV and the three levels of OneSpin's enhanced ABV methodology based on design operations. It complements simulation-based verification and is claimed to require up to 5X less verification effort than thorough module-level testbenches.
In addition to three "standard" levels of formal ABV, the 360 MV verification suite supports three levels of systematic operation-based formal ABV.
The 360 MV family's entry/exit levels span the formal verification spectrum – from autochecks for early, fast code cleanup, through "GapFreeVerification" that ensures the highest possible verification quality.
The 360 MV family's entry/exit levels span the formal verification spectrum.
Each successive family member incorporates the features and benefits of the preceding members, adding new features and benefits that enable additional application levels. The integrated 360 MV product family includes:
- 360 MV Inspect for autochecks: Lets designers detect RTL errors as soon as first code is available, reducing subsequent debugging effort. It verifies thousands of checks in minutes, and requires no formal verification experience or knowledge of assertion languages.
- 360 MV Check for verifying implementation intent: Using assertions that capture micro-architecture or implementation aspects, designers find implementation bugs weeks or months before testbenches are available, improving bring-up quality and reducing subsequent debugging effort.
- 360 MV Verify for verifying functional requirements and design operations: Claimed to finds deep, complex errors far more efficiently than simulation or other formal tools, with the market's highest capacity and performance, and unique systematic verification of design operations. It also deploys the new automated proof-based debugger, providing automatic error localization for complex SVAs. 360 MV Verify is said to reduce or even eliminate the need for high-coverage module-level test benches and serves as the entry point for OneSpin's unique, operation-based formal ABV.
- 360 MV Assure for verifying with automatic gap detection: Automatically identifies unverified design behavior. A debug and diagnosis environment guides users to develop SystemVerilog assertions to close these verification gaps, assuring thorough specification / implementation co-verification.
- 360 MV Certify for gap-free verification: OneSpin's flagship product delivers verification quality that, it is claimed, cannot be ensured by other verification approaches. It implements OneSpin's GapFreeVerification closed-loop process that integrates specification, verification planning, and verification execution to achieve the highest possible verification quality. 360 MV Certify guides the development of a gap-free set of SystemVerilog assertions to build a specification-compliant reference model of the design's full functionality, and proves that the RTL code is functionally equivalent to this reference model.
Availability and pricing
All products and features are available immediately. Product list prices are $20K for 360 MV Inspect, $72K for 360 MV Check, $120K for 360 MV Verify, $140K for 360 MV Assure, and $180K for 360 MV Certify.
For further information please visit www.onespin-solutions.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.