AMIMON Inc. announced the immediate availability of its second generation baseband chipset. The second generation transmitter and receiver chips (AMN 2120/2220) are designed for the WHDI (Wireless Home Digital Interface) standard and are the first chipset capable of wirelessly delivering full uncompressed 1080p/60Hz high definition content throughout the entire home. The chipset is based on video modem technology operating in the 5GHz unlicensed band.
Key features of the AMN 2120/2220 include:
- Designed for the WHDI standard
- HD video: 1080p/60Hz and high resolution computer graphics
- Range: multi-room " beyond 100 feet (30 meters) through walls
- Latency: less than 1 millisecond
- Hollywood approved HDCP 2.0 copy protection
- Low power consumption modes for portable devices
- 5GHz unlicensed band with support for Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS)
The chipset is built on a programmable platform that can be tuned for conformance with the WHDI standard specifications. The AMN 2120/2220 chipset can be embedded into CE devices such as LCD and plasma HDTVs, multimedia projectors, A/V receivers, Blu-ray DVD players, set-top boxes (STBs), game consoles, computers, DVRs, PCs and HD video accessories/dongles, allowing wireless streaming of uncompressed HD video and audio. The WHDI standard is designed to enable whole home, wireless uncompressed HDTV connectivity.
AMIMON's second generation chipsets and reference designs are available now. AMN2120 and AMN2220 interface directly to AMIMON RF transceivers AMN3110 and AMN3210 respectively. Pricing for 100K units of the WHDI transmitter chipset AMN 2120/3110 is $20 and of the WHDI receiver chipset AMN 2220/3210 is $25.