A 50 V input-capable synchronous buck converter that delivers up to 20 mA of continuous output current from a 3mm x 3mm (or MSOP8-E) package has been released by Linear Technology.
The LTC3632 operates from an input voltage range of 4.5 V to 50 V with protection up to 60 V, making it ideal for automotive and industrial 4 mA to 20 mA control loop applications. The LTC3632 utilizes internal synchronous rectification and a programmable peak current mode design to optimize efficiency in lower current applications. The device also delivers efficiencies as high as 93 percent and requires only 12 uA of quiescent current. The combination of its 3 mm x 3 mm DFN package (or MSOP-8E) and only three tiny externals provides compact solution footprint for a wide array of applications.
The LTC3632 utilizes internal high side and synchronous power switches which draw 12 uA at no load while maintaining output voltage regulation, making it well suited for always-on battery-powered applications. Due to the inherent stability of the converter, no external compensation is required, thereby minimizing the solution footprint. The device is available with an adjustable output voltage (down to 0.8 V).
Availability and Pricing
Pricing for the LTC3632EDD and LTC3632EMS8E start at $2.45 each, respectively, for 1,000-piece quantities. The LTC3632IDD and LTC3632IMS8E are tested and guaranteed to operate from a -40 to 125 degrees C operating junction temperature. They are priced at $2.82 each, respectively in 1,000-piece quantities. All versions are available from stock.
Summary of Features: LTC3632
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.5 V to 50 V, Tolerant of 60 V Inputs
- Internal High Side & Low Side Power Switches
- No Compensation Required
- 20 mA Output Current
- High Efficiency: Up to 93 percent
- Low Quiescent Current: 12 uA
- 0.8 V Feedback Voltage Reference
- Adjustable Peak Current Limit
- Internal or Programmable Soft-Start
- Precise RUN Pin Threshold with Adjustable Hysteresis
- Only Three External Components Required for Fixed Output Versions
- Low Profile (0.75 mm) 3 mm x 3 mm DFN & Thermally Enhanced MS8E Packages
Datasheet for: LTC3632