Two video amplifiers from Texas Instruments help manufacturers meet the demand for more energy-efficient home and portable entertainment systems. The THS7365 is the lowest power six-channel, fixed filter video amplifier supporting HDTV and SDTV. The device delivers 21 percent lower power consumption at 5 volts (V) and 50 percent lower at 3.3 V to help manufacturers achieve ENERGY STAR compliance in set-top boxes (STBs) and Blu-ray DVD players. The THS7319 is the lowest profile, three-channel video amplifier supporting EDTV. It delivers 25 percent lower quiescent current than alternative devices to prolong battery life in portable media devices. For details about these products, please see www.ti.com/videoamps-pr
Key features and benefits of the THS7365
· Integrated 6th order Butterworth fixed filter for HD and SD video. Bypass mode provides up to 250 MHz bandwidth to support full HD 1080p60 or UWXGA video
· Six-channel operation supports composite (CVBS) video, S-video and Y’P’BP’R component video simultaneously
· Total supply current of 21.6 mA at 5 V and 20.7 mA at 3.3 V provides the low power consumption that is important for devices seeking ENERGY STAR compliance
· Power down disable mode reduces quiescent current to 0.1uA to save power when the system is idle
· Wide supply and low voltage operation of 2.6 V to 5.5 V from a single supply maximizes design flexibility
Key features and benefits of the THS7319
· Integrated 3rd order Butterworth fixed filter for EDTV provides space savings
· Low quiescent current of 1.1 mA/channel and 0.15 uA in power down mode extends battery life
· 1.5 mm x 1.5 mm x 0.40 mm tiny MicrostarCSPTM package reduces height by more than 30 percent for a thinner profile
· Wide supply and low voltage operation of 2.5 V to 5.5 V from a single supply maximizes design flexibility
Availability, pricing and support
The THS7365 is available today in a TSSOP-20 package that is lead-free and green (RoHS-compliant) and priced at $0.70 in 1,000-unit quantities. The THS7319 is available today in a tiny MicrostarCSP package for $0.85 in 1,000-unit quantities.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through manufacturing, design and sales operations in more than 30 countries.
For more information, go to www.ti.com
European Customer Support Center (ECSC)
Phone of UK support service: 00800-ASK-TEXAS (00800-275-83927)
Note: The above text is the public part of the press release obtained from the manufacturer (with minor modifications). EETimes Europe cannot be held responsible for the claims and statements made by the manufacturer. The text is intended as a supplement to the new product presentations in EETimes Europe magazine.