Texas Instruments has introduced a PCI Express to PCI translation bridge that requires half the board space and provides the highest throughput, compared to the nearest competitive devices available. The XIO2001 is a single-function bridge that provides customers with an easy migration path from conventional PCI to the latest PCI Express technology. Applications include computer motherboards, industrial PCs and control boards, test and measurement boards, andsurveillance camera capture cards. For product details, see: www.ti.com/xio2001-pr.
The XIO2001 offers several advantages that allow designers to maximize performance.The XIO2001 Performance Tuning Tool allows register settings within the bridge to be customized in real time using a graphical user interface (GUI), allowing customers to easily tune the bridge for maximum performance in their application. The XIO2001 also provides twice the throughput when measuring upstream memory access performance through the bridge compared to other devices. This is important to customers with implementations where high bandwidth and low latency are key.
Key features and benefits
· The XIO2001 is available in a 7 mm x 7 mm package, saving customers valuable board space
· The XIO2001 Performance Tuning Tool (XPT) GUI makes it easy for customers to customize and tailor bridge performance settings for their own applications
· An internal arbiter supports up to six downstream PCI bus masters, versus four supported by competitive devices, which eliminates the need for external arbitration devices
· The XIO2001 integrates buffered clocks, which eliminates the need for an external clock buffer and reduces bill of materials cost
· Built-in adaptive equalization improves jitter tolerance so designers can use a longer PCB trace or cable length
Availability and pricing
The XIO2001 comes in both7 mm x 7 mm ZAJ and 12 mm x 12 mm ZGU packages (commercial temperature)priced at$5.50 each, and the12 mm x 12 mm IZGU package (industrial temperature)is priced at $6.05. Pricing is in quantities of 1,000.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through manufacturing, design and sales operations in more than 30 countries.
For more information, go to www.ti.com
European Customer Support Center (ECSC) : www-k.ext.ti.com/sc/technical-support/pic/euro.htm
Note: The above text is the public part of the press release obtained from the manufacturer (with minor modifications). EETimes Europe cannot be held responsible for the claims and statements made by the manufacturer. The text is intended as a supplement to the new product presentations in EETimes Europe magazine.