Linear Technology Corporation has unveiled a dual, low noise, positive/negative low dropout voltage linear regulator.
The device delivers up to ±150 mA continuous output current on each channel with a 300 mV dropout voltage at full load. The LT3032 features a wide input voltage range of ±2.3 V to ±20 V, delivering adjustable output voltages from ±1.22 V to ±20 V. A single capacitor provides ultralow noise operation only 20 μVRMS across a wide bandwidth of 10Hz to 100 kHz for the positive output rail, and only 30 μVRMS for the negative rail. The LT3032's output voltage tolerance is highly accurate at ±3 percent over line, load and temperature. The device's wide input and output voltage ranges, fast transient response and low quiescent current of 30 μA per channel (operating) and <3 μA in shutdown (total) make it an excellent choice for portable battery-powered systems that require optimum run time, and for use in bipolar op amp/instrumentation power supply and low noise supply applications.
The LT3032 operates with very small, low cost, ceramic output capacitors, optimizing stability and transient response. It is stable with only 2.2 μF output capacitors. These tiny external capacitors can be used without the addition of series resistance (ESR) as is common with many other regulators. The LT3032's internal protection circuitry includes reverse-output protection, current limiting and thermal limiting.
The LT3032EDC and LT3032IDC are housed in a 14-lead 4 mm x 3 mm DFN package, offering a compact footprint. The E- and I-grade versions are available from stock with an operating junction temperature of -40 to +125 degrees C. 1,000 piece pricing starts at $2.20 and $2.55 each, respectively.
Summary Features LT3032
- Output Current: ±150 mA
- Low Noise: 20 μVRMS Positive, 30 μVRMS Negative (10 Hz to 100 kHz)
- Low Dropout Voltage: 300 mV
- Low Quiescent Current: 30 μA/Channel
- Wide Input Voltage Range: ±2.3 V to ±20 V
- Adjustable Output Voltage: ±1.22 V to ±20 V
- Output Tolerance: ±3 percent Over Load, Line and Temperature
- Stable with 2.2 μF Ceramic Capacitors
- Low Shutdown Current: <3 μA Total (typical
- Starts into Reverse Output Voltage
- Thermal Limiting and Current Limiting
- Low Profile 4 mm x 3 mm DFN-14 Package
- ±20 VIN, ±150 mA Dual Positive/Negative
- Ultralow Noise LDO