San Jose, Calif. – Aimed at portable consumer products, such as Smartphones, portable navigation devices, mobile Internet devices and eBooks, Integrated Device Technology Inc. has developed a microcontroller-based power management chip called the P95020.
According to IDT, the P95020 PMIC is the first of its kind to integrate all the system power regulation and management functions along with human interface subsystems, such as audio and touch user interfaces.
Its subsystems consist of multiple switch-mode DC-to-DC converters and low-dropout (LDO) regulators, battery charge management, white LED drivers, low-power stereo audio and voice codecs with a mixer function, Class-D amplifier and headphone driver, a PLL for on-chip and off-chip clock generation, and a touch-screen controller. The embedded CPU uses on-board system management resources, such as instrumentation SAR 12-bit ADC and a real-time clock to provide optimum flexibility while reducing overall system power dissipation.
The P95020 embeds a:
- General purpose microcontroller;
- 4-channel CODEC with 24-bit resolution and internal registers for status and control;
- 2.5W Mono Class D amplifier with filterless operation;
- Autonomous Li-Ion/Li-Poly charger up to 1.5A;
- Buck DC-DC PWM converters with PFM mode: Two at 500mA, 0.75V to 3.7V, one at 1000mA, 0.75V to 3.7V;
- Boost DC-DC converters: One at 1.5 A peak on inductor, 4.05V to 5.0V, one LED supply with 2 W total output power;
- Linear regulators: Three LDOs at 150mA, four LDOs at 50mA, and one always-on LDO at 10mA.
By embedding a microcontroller, the IDT P95020 offers full programmability and flexibility into designs using leading multimedia application processors. All of the functional blocks can be accessed via I2C. The programmable regulators satisfy the dynamic voltage adjustment required by application processors.
Pricing: $3.72 for 10,000 units.
Availability: Currently sampling to qualified customers and is available in a 10mm x 10mm, 132-pin QFN package and a 7mm x 7mm WCSP package.
Datasheet: IDT P95020 Datasheet