San Jose, Calif.ó Designed to help accelerate DisplayPort adoption, Parade Technologies Ltd. released a video display timing controller (T-CON) IC that satisfies the recently updated VESA eDP v1.2 specification. Paradeís DP616 lowers total system cost and system power requirements by eliminating the need for an external voltage regulator.
The DP616 is an eDP sink device that accepts video input from a CPU or GPU and converts it into mini-LVDS row and column video data for use by a display panel. The Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA) announced the version 1.2 upgrade of its embedded DisplayPort (eDP) spec last month.
- One-lane main link
- Supports eDP rates up to 2.7 Gbps
- Supports all panel resolutions up to WSXGA+ with 18-bit color depth and WXGA+ with 24-bit color depth
- Steps down standard eDP supply voltage from 3.3 to 1.2 volts?
- Reduces system power consumption by as much as 175mW
- Uses crystal-free technology
- Integrates color engine
- Supports the new dynamic backlight control capabilities
Pricing: $1.45 /ea. in high volume.
Availability: Sampling now; production volumes will be available in 4Q10.