Phoenix, Ariz.— ON Semiconductor has introduced the NCS5650, a line driver targeted at power line carrier (PLC) communications applications such as smart metering, industrial control and street lighting.
The NCS5650 is a high efficiency, Class AB, low distortion driver, specifically designed to drive power line mains and capable of accepting a signal from any power line carrier modem. It contains an operational amplifier, which can be configured as a unity gain follower buffer, or alternatively used to provide the first stage of a 4-pole low pass filter. The output stage has the capacity drive up to 2.0 A peak into an isolation transformer or simple coil coupling to the mains.
- Rail-to-rail drop of ±1 V with Iout = 1.5 A
- VCC: single-sided (6 V to 12 V) or dual-balanced ±6.0 V
- Flexible 4th-order filtering
- Current-limit set with one resistor
- Diagnostic flags level shifted to Vµc to simplify interface with external MCU
- Enable/shutdown control
- Extended junction temperature range: -40°C to +125°C
- Small Package: 20-pin 4x4x1mm QFN with Exposed Thermal Pad
- Optimized for operation in the Cenelec A to D frequency band
Pricing: $3.73 per unit in 10,000 unit quantities.
: Click here.