Milpitas, Calif.--Linear Technology has introduced the LTC5587, a 40dB dynamic range 6GHz RMS detector that integrates a 500ksps sampling rate 12-bit serial A/D converter.
The LTC5587 is aimed at cellular basestations, picocells, and femtocells supporting all standards including LTE, W-CDMA, TD-SCDMA, CDMA/2k, GSM/EDGE and WiMAX. Other applications include MIMO radios, repeaters, point-to-point microwave links, military radios with complex modulation, remote power measurements, and portable test and measurement instruments. The detector is also useful in FPGA-based systems where no A/D converters are available.
- Operating frequency range: 10MHz to 6GHz
- Log-linear dynamic range (modulated signals)
- at 880MHz 40dB
- at 2.14GHz 37dB
- at 3.5GHz 35dB
- Accurate RF measurement range: -34dBm to 6dBm
- Accuracy over temperature (-40ºC to +85ºC) + 1dB
- SPI/MICROWIRE serial I/O
- Power Consumption of 10mW (3.3V, 3mA)
- Single-ended RF input; no external transformer
- Fast acquisition time
- 3mm x 3mm DFN package
Pricing: Starts at $5.17 each in 1,000 piece quantities.
Datasheet: Click here.