With an eye toward improving LCD power management, new multi-string LED backlight drivers from AnalogicTech can support up to 88 LEDs at 360mA total LED current.
Targeting 10- to 22-inch LCD panels, the AAT1409/7/5 family (diagram below) features integrated boost converters and precision current sinks and aims to cut design costs and the number of backlight PCBs, AnalogicTech said.
- Available in 8, 6 and 4 channels
- Operates over the 4.5V to 26V range with up to 92% efficiency
- Supports up to 100 kHz PWM dimming frequency
- 2 percent LED current accuracy and matching between strings
- Up to eight LED current sinks at 45mA each
- -40 C to ? operating temperature range
Pricing: $0.73/piece in 1,000-unit quantities
For more information, please visit the product page, http://www.analogictech.com/products/product_part.php?PID=339