Singapore-based Semitech Semiconductor announced an Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) power line transceiver useful in smart grid applications such as Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Advanced Meter Reading (AMR).
The SM2200 employs modulation and signal processing to overcome noisy conditions in power line applications.
- Programmable modulation to improve communications reliability
- OFDMA transceiver with 54 carriers and up to 18 channels
- 175kbps maximum data rate
- User selectable between BPSK modulation for higher carrier voltages and higher noise immunity and QPSK modulation for higher data rate
- Narrow band emulation and low frequency mode putting channels in CENELEC frequency range
- Selectable frequency range for each carrier
- Transmit power regulation
- Error correction
- Complete packet data modem with a physical layer protocol.
Pricing: $ 4.89 in 10,000 unit quantities
For more information, please visit: Semitech's product page.