Sunnyvale, Calif.—Maxim Integrated Products has introduced the MAX2063, calling it the industry's only fully programmable, multi-state, dual-channel, digital IF/RF variable-gain amplifier (VGA).
The MAX2063 provides "rapid-fire" gain selection for four customized attenuation states per path, fast 25ns digital switching, and low digital VGA amplitude overshoot/undershoot. It is intended for the "fast-attack" automatic gain control (AGC) circuits found in all 2.5G, 3G, 4G wireless infrastructure transceivers, including GSM/EDGE, CDMA, WCDMA, LTE, and WiMAX applications.
- Independently controlled dual paths
- 50MHz to 1000MHz RF frequency range
- 21.3dB (typ) maximum gain
- 0.25dB gain flatness over 100MHz bandwidth
- 31dB gain range
- 58dB path isolation at 200MHz
- Supports four "rapid fire" preprogrammed attenuator states
- Excellent linearity at 200MHz
- +41dBm OIP3
- +56dBm OIP2
- +19dBm Output 1dB compression point
- 5.6dB typical noise figure
- 25ns digital switching time
- Very low distortion VGA amplitude overshoot/undershoot of 0.05dB
- Single +5V supply (or +3.3V Operation)
- Amplifier power-down mode for TDD applications
Pricing: Starts at $6.90 (1000-up, FOB USA).
Datasheet: Click here.