Munich—Epson Toyocom Corp. has developed an extremely small absolute pressure sensor dubbed the XP-6000CA, which employs a QMEMS pressure-sensing structure that allows the sensor to squeeze into a tiny 7.0 × 5.0 × 2.0t mm package while providing total pressure accuracy (± 30 Pa) and high resolution (0.3 Pa).
The XP-6000CA quartz pressure sensor accurately detects height changes in 3-cm increments by sensing changes in pressure. It is well-suited for measuring instruments, and small enough to be used in mobile devices.
- Total pressure accuracy: ±30 Pa Max.
- Resolution: 0.3 Pa
- Pressure measurement range: 30 kPa to 130 kPa
- Operating temperature range: -40ºC to +85ºC
- Size: 7.0 × 5.0 × 2.0t mm
- Temperature sensor Built-in
- Interface I2C
- Supply voltage +2.4 to +3.6 VDC
Samples will become available in October 2010.