Sunnyvale, Calif.—Maxim Integrated Products has introduced the MAX6581, a ±1ºC accurate, 8-channel temperature sensor.
The MAX6581 has seven remote sensing channels to monitor ASICs, FPGAs, CPUs, and boards with multiple hot spots. Each remote channel includes series resistance cancellation and beta compensation for best accuracy. Because the MAX6581 contains eight channels of temperature sensing, but requires only a single I2C address for these eight channels, it reduces board area and overall system cost.
- Eight channels to measure seven remote and one local temperature
- 11-Bit, 0.125°C resolution
- High accuracy of ±1°C (max) from +60°C to +100°C (remote channels)
- -64°C to +150°C remote temperature range
- Programmable undertemperature/overtemperature alerts
- SMBus/I²C-compatible interface
- Two open-drain alarm outputs (Active-Low ALERT and Active-Low OVERT)
- Resistance cancellation on all remote channels
Pricing: Starts at $1.24 (1000-up, FOB USA).
Datasheet: Click here.