Phoenix, Ariz. – ON Semiconductor has introduced the CAT3661, a one-channel quad-mode LED driver for low power LED applications such as portable handheld medical equipment.
The CAT3661, which uses a patented architecture and integrates fault protection and diagnostics, is able to drive a single LED backlight with a current of up to 5 mA. Soft-start current limiting and short-circuit protection make the device suitable for use in equipment powered by coin cell batteries. Typical applications include low power backlighting for LCDs and backlighting for a wide range of portable handheld devices including medical equipment.
Pricing: $0.86 per unit in 10,000 unit quantities
- QuadMode charge pump: 1x, 1.33x, 1.5x, 2x
- Drives one LED up to 5 mA
- Optimized for coin cell battery operation
- Open/Short LED fault detection
- Adjustable low battery detection
- Low quiescent current 150 µA typical
- Power efficiency up to 92%
- Low noise input ripple in all modes
- Zero current shutdown mode
- Soft start and short circuit current limiting
- Thermal shutdown protection
- 3 mm x 3 mm, 16pad TQFN package
- PbFree, halogen free/BFR free and RoHS Compliant
Datasheet: Click here.