San Jose, Calif. – Micrel Inc. rolled out its SuperSwitcher II family of integrated MOSFET buck regulators for high power density DC-DC applications.
The MIC26xxx SuperSwitcher II family consists of three DC-DC buck regulators featuring Micrel’s proprietary Hyper Speed Control architecture, which allows for fast transient response while reducing the output capacitance. It also makes (High VIN)/(Low VOUT) operation possible, according to Micrel. The MIC26400, MIC26600 and MIC26950 devices operate with an input supply voltage range from 4.5V to 26V and deliver an output current of 5A, 7A and 12A respectively.
Pricing: In 1ku quantities starts at $1.82 /$2.20/ $2.77 respectively.
- Hyper Speed Control architecture enables
- High delta V operation (VIN = 26V and VOUT = 0.8V)
- Small output capacitance
- 4.5V to 26V input voltage
- Output down to 0.8V with ± 1% accuracy
- Any Capacitor Stable
- Zero ESR to high-ESR output capacitance
- 300kHz switching frequency
- Internal compensation
- Up to 95% efficiency
- 6ms Internal soft-start
- Foldback current limit and "hiccup" mode short-circuit protection
- Thermal shutdown
- Supports safe start-up into a pre-biased load
- –40° C to +125° C junction temperature range
- 28-pin 5mm X 6mm MLF package
Availability: Volume quantities.