Malvern, Pa. — Vishay Intertechnology Inc. is offering a new surface-mount Power Metal Strip resistor that it claims is the industry's first 0.5-W current sensing resistor in the compact 0805 package size.
The small size of the WSLP0805 resistor allows it to replace larger current sensing resistors, saving space on the circuit board that in turn will enable smaller and lighter products for the consumer. The resistor is intended for current sensing applications in DC/DC converters for computers, VRMs for laptops, and Li-Ion battery safety and management, as well as electronic automotive systems, including engine controls, multi-media electronics, climate controls, and anti-lock brakes.
- Resistance value range: 10-mO to 50-mO resistance
- High-temperature performance: Up to +170 °C
- Inductance values: From 0.5 nH to 5 nH
- Frequency response: to 50 MHz
- Low thermal EMF: Less than 3 µV/°C
- All-welded construction with a solid metal nickel-chrome or manganese-copper alloy resistive element
Pricing: $0.18 per piece in 100,000-piece quantities.
Availability: Samples and production quantities of the new resistor are available now, with a lead time of four to six weeks for larger orders.
Datasheet: Click here.