Milpitas, Calif. - Linear Technology Corp. has introduced the LTM8042 and LTM8042-1 DC/DC µModule LED drivers for strings of up to 8 white LEDs or 9 red LEDs.
Capable of operating as boost, buck or buck-boost with 3V to 30V input-voltage range, each device is a complete LED driver solution in a 9mm x 15mm x 2.8mm LGA (land grid array) package. The LTM8042 and LTM8042-1 deliver 0.5% output current line regulation accuracy and can withstand up to 40V input transients. The LTM8042 sources up to 1A of current, whereas the LTM8042-1 sources up to 350mA.
Applications include industrial illumination, backlight displays, scanners, and automotive as well as avionics lighting.
- Complete LED driver & current source circuit in a 9mm x 15mm x 2.8mm LGA package
- 3V to 30V input range with up to 40V transient protection.
- True color PWM with 3,000:1 dimming ratio
- Operate as buck, boost or buck-boost topology
- Rated for operation from -40°C to 125°C
Pricing: Starts at $8.59 each in 1000-piece quantities.
Datasheet: Click here.