Renesas Electronics Corp. announced the SH7268 and SH7269 32-bit microcontrollers (MCUs), which offer smaller form factor and increased functionality for automotive, consumer and industrial applications.
Key features of both:
- 2.5 megabyte (MB) on-chip SRAM allowing display of WVGA resolution (800 × 480) images without any external RAM
- 266 megahertz (MHz) CPU frequency
- 16 Kbytes cache (divided between instruction (8 KB) and data (8 KB), 4-way set associative)
- 2D graphics accelerator conforming to OpenVG™ 1.1
- 12 products between the two device types
The SH7268 and SH7269 MCUs are based on the SH2A-FPU (floating point unit) superscalar CPU core, which provides 2.0 Dhrystone MIPS per 1MHz of CPU operation and a double-precision floating point math unit.
The SH7268 MCU is available in a 208-pin QFP package, and the SH7269 is available in both 256-pin QFP and 272-pin BGA packages. All packages are lead-free.
The SH7268 and SH7269 MCUs are sampling now.
Pricing: $27 in one-piece quantities for the SH7268 $29 for the SH7279. Production volumes scheduled to begin by October 2011.
For more information, please see the product page.