Worcester, Mass. — Designed to address the emerging requirements of the internal and external illumination applications within the automotive market, Allegro MicroSystems Inc. has developed constant current LED drivers that offer four channels of up to 100 mA LED current each, and can be paralleled for higher currents.
Allegro’s A6261/A6262/A6264 four-channel LED driver devices operate with a low dropout voltage to minimize power dissipation, and do not require any ballast resistors. The user-selected current is provided to four outputs with each output equally sharing the load. The A6261/62/64 family also features short to ground protection, which disables the shorted channel allowing the others to continue to operate. Open LED on any channel is also detected.
- Total LED drive current up to 400 mA
- Current shared equally up to 100 mA by up to 4 strings
- 6 to 50 V supply
- Low dropout voltage
- LED output short-to-ground and thermal protection
- Enable input for PWM control
- Current slew rate limit during PWM
- Current set by reference resistor
- Automotive K-temperature range version (–40°C to 150°C)
- eMSOP-10 (LY) and eTSSOP-16 (LP) packages
Pricing: In quantities of 1,000 –A6261ELPTR-T $0.90; A6261KLYTR-T $0.95; A6261KLPTR-T $1.00; A6262KLYTR-T $0.95; A6262KLPTR-T $1.00; A6264KLYTR-T $0.95; and A6264KLPTR-T $1.00.