Milpitas, Calif.– Linear Technology’s latest synchronous boost converter incorporates maximum power point control (MPPC) and starts up with inputs of 250mV.
The LTC3105 operates over a wide input range of 0.2V to 5V, making it suitable for harvesting energy from high impedance alternative power sources, including photovoltaic cells, thermoelectric generators (TEGs) and fuel cells. The LTC3105’s internal 400mA synchronous switches maximize efficiency while its Burst Mode operation offers quiescent current of 22µA. A user-programmable MPPC set point maximizes the energy that can be extracted from any power source without collapsing its internal voltage.
- Low Start-Up Voltage: 250mV
- Maximum Power Point Control for High Impedance Sources
- Wide VIN Range: 0.2V to 5V
- Auxiliary 6mA LDO Regulator
- Burst Mode Operation: IQ = 22µA
- Output Disconnect & Inrush Current Limiting
- VIN > VOUT Operation
- Anti-Ringing Control
- Soft Start
- Automatic Power Adjust
- Power Good Indicator
- 10-Lead 3mm x 3mm DFN or MSOP-12 Package
Pricing: Starts at $2.70 each for 1,000-piece quantities.
Availability: From stock.
Datasheet: Click here.