E-System Design Inc. has introduced advanced analysis kits and a more flexible pricing model for Sphinx and Sphinx for Signoff, the company's family of signal and power integrity co-simulators for IC packaging and PCB design.
Sphinx, a 32-bit version of the co-simulator, enables designers to accurately co-simulate both signal and power Integrity, and simulate multiple layers of their designs to accurately capture the coupling effects not seen in critical path analysis or signal integrity only analysis in many existing IC packaging and PCB design flows.
Sphinx for Signoff, a 64-bit version of the co-simulator, allows designers to simulate signal and power integrity in parallel, and in most cases to co-simulate the entire design in order to capture all of the coupling effects found in today’s complex structures. In addition, a Sphinx Console is included in the 64 bit product that allows scripting and batch operations to improve productivity and achieve faster design closure.
Additional features of Sphinx and Sphinx for Signoff include:
• Support for DXF, MCM, BRD and SiP file formats
• Perform quick ‘what if analysis’ by allowing users to modify their existing designs inside of Sphinx and Sphinx for Signoff (Can add or delete, layers, transmission lines, vias, and capacitors)
• Add vendors’ capacitor libraries to ensure only approved capacitors are used in any ‘what if’ analysis
• View meshed design before simulation, removing any doubt whatsoever of ‘what’ is being analyzed
• Easily perform Time Domain analysis with an integrated and proven flow using Sphinx’s Touchstone files that are converted into robust, passivity and causality conforming spice netlists using IdEM Plus
• Incorporate spice models of complete packages and PCBs from Idem Plus for system level analysis
E-System Design said it has launched a new pricing model for its range of Sphinx Co-simulator products. Customers will be licensing Sphinx and Sphinx for Signoff on a new monthly “pay as you go” basis.
In parallel, E-System Design has introduced Advanced Analysis Kits.
These Analysis Kits include:
- A 2+ hour video seminar on Designing for Signal and Power Integrity presented by our CTO and Georgia Institute of Technology Distinguished Professor, Madhavan Swaminathan, covering the basics of SI/PI integrity, interaction between signal and power, identifying return path discontinuities, advanced concepts and a reliable methodology for reaching fast and accurate design closure.
-A copy of the book: “Power Integrity Modeling and Design for Semiconductors and Systems” –Prentice Hall, by Madhavan Swaminathan
-Applications videos to help resolve problems commonly found in today’s designs using Sphinx along with training videos on how to use Sphinx.
-A 30 day evaluation license of Sphinx or Sphinx for Signoff
The pricing for the Advanced Analysis Kits is $495.00 for Sphinx and $995.00 for Sphinx for Signoff.
Join our online Radio Show on Friday 11th July starting at 2:00pm Eastern, when EETimes editor of all things fun and interesting, Max Maxfield, and embedded systems expert, Jack Ganssle, will debate as to just what is, and is not, and embedded system.