Unterpremstaetten, Austria– Designed for next-generation automotive applications, austriamicrosystems’ AS8650 is a smart power management System Basis Chip (SBC) that combines a DC-DC converter and a high-speed transceiver on one chip.
The AS8650 features high efficiency of 85% minimum over all operation use-cases, while high integration reduces cost, space and development time for engine control units (ECU) with a high-speed CAN interface. The company plans to roll out a pin-compatible IC with a LIN interface in 2011.
The AS8650 SBC includes three LDOs with programmable outputs from 1.8 V to 3.3 V. Each LDO is powered by the embedded DC-DC converter, which can supply up to 500 mA to power the microcontroller, sensors, actuators and other components. Integrating the DC-DC converter reduces power losses compared with commonly used voltage regulators that convert the automotive battery voltage to 5 volts, the company said.
- DC-DC converter for 5V output with efficiency higher than 85%
- 3 programmable voltage regulators
- High-speed CAN interface (ISO 11898-5)
- Brown-out indication and output voltage monitoring
- Configurable watchdog functions for start-up, operation and standby
- Remote and local wake-up
- Automatic thermal shutdown protection
- Operating temperature range from 40 °C to +105°C
- RoHS conform
- Lead-free 36-pin 6 x 6 mm QFN package
Pricing: $5 each in 1ku
Availability: Sampling now; production is targeted for Q1 2011.
Datasheet: Click here.