Linear Technology Corp. has developed an easy-to-use, tiny shunt battery system for Li-Ion/Polymer batteries that integrates a charger and battery pack protection in one IC.
The LTC4071 charges and protects batteries from previously unusable very low current, intermittent or continuous charging sources. The LTC4071 can charge at currents up to 50mA. A near zero current (<0.1nA) low battery latching disconnect function protects even low capacity batteries from deep discharge and potentially irreparable damage
- Charger plus pack protection in one IC
- Low operating current: 550nA
- Near-zero current (<0.1nA) low battery disconnect function protects batteries from over-discharge
- Pin selectable low battery disconnect level: 2.7V or 3.2V
- 1% float voltage accuracy over full temperature & shunt current range
- 50mA maximum internal shunt current
- Pin-selectable float voltage options: 4.0V, 4.1V. 4.2V
- Ultralow power NTC float voltage conditioning for Li-Ion/polymer protection
- Suitable for intermittent, continuous & very low power charging sources
- High battery status output
- Thermally enhanced, low profile 8-lead DFN (2mm x 3mm x 0.75mm) & MSOP packages
Pricing: 1,000 piece quantity pricing is $2.20 and $2.30 for the E grade in the DFN & MSOP packages respectively, and $2.53 and $2.65 for the I grade in DFN & MSOP respectively.
Datasheet: Click here.