Analog Devices Inc. (ADI) introduced the ADG4612 and ADG4613 power-off protection switches that guarantee an off-state in the absence of a power supply, preventing potentially damaging current from flowing to circuit boards used in data communications, communications infrastructure systems, and other sensitive equipment.
The guaranteed off-state feature is particularly useful in applications where analog signals may be present at the switch inputs before the power supply voltage is on, or where the user has no control over the power supply sequence. The ADG4612 and ADG4613 switches also feature overvoltage protection, which can block signal levels up to 16 V in the off state. The new switches are manufactured on Analog Devices’ iCMOS (industrial CMOS) modular manufacturing process.
- Switch turns OFF if input > VDD + VT
- Over-voltage protection up to +16 V
- Negative signal capability passes signals down to –5.5 V
- 6.1-ohm max on resistance and 1.75-ohm max on-resistance flatness
- ±3-V to ±5.5-V dual supply
- 3-V to 12-V single supply
- 3-V logic-compatible inputs
- Rail-to-rail operation
- 16-lead TSSOP (thin-shrink small outline package) and 16-lead 3-mm × 3-mm LFCSP (lead frame chip scale package)
Pricing: $1.87 each in 1ku.