Parade Technologies Ltd. has started to sample a low power USB 3.0 repeater/redriver IC that incorporates automatic adaptive equalization, which enhances signal integrity in system designs.
Parade is offering two versions of its bi-directional USB 3.0 repeater/redriver. The PS8710A uses a single 1.5V power supply; the PS8710B uses a single 3.3V power supply. According to Parade, the low-voltage PS8710A uses 30% less power in active mode than the most power efficient competing device. Both Parade repeater/redrivers support all USB 3.0 power management modes, which allow for standby and sleep modes when the device is not active.
- Supports USB 3.0 at 5.0Gbps
- Adaptive equalization for optimum performance
- Low power consumption
- Supports Low Frequency Periodic Signaling (LFPS) with fast LFPS enter/exit time
- Supports full USB 3.0 power management
- Automatic power saving mode
- Supports hot plug through automatic receiver detection
- Integrated 50O termination for Input and Output
- Pin control and expanded feature I2C control mode
- Programmable output de-emphasis levels
- In-Line signal traces for flow-through PCB layout
- 24-pin TQFN RoHS package
- 0° to 85°C operating temperature range
- ESD: Human Body Mode to 8 kV
- 4x4mm 24-pin TQFN package
Pricing: $1.50 /ea. in high volume.
Availability: Sampling now; production volumes will be available January 2011.
Product brief: Click here.