STMicroelectronics has unveiled a single-chip motor controller, dSPIN, containing digital, analog and power circuitry to control stepper motors.
Built in STMís advanced BCD process, it is the first device in STís new dSPIN ("digital spin") family of monolithic motor-control ICs that will bypass specialized hardware and software design tasks and reduce component count and pc-board area.
- Dual low RDS(ON) (0.28 Ohms) DMOS full bridge
- Standard SPI control interface
- 7A peak output current
- 8V to 45V operating voltage range
- Programmable speed profile and positioning
- Non-dissipative current control
- Low quiescent and standby currents
Availability: dSPIN (part number L6470) is now available in production quantities in the thermally enhanced HTSSOP28 package (L6470H). PowerSO36 packages will be available in the first half of 2011.
Pricing: $4.50 in 1,000-piece quantities. Alternative pricing options are available for large order quantities.
For more information, please visit STMicro's device page.