Semiconductor launched two products specifically targeted at the industrial market sector: an integrated stepper motor/CAN
transceiver, and high-power PoE-PD interface controller family.
The 1 Mbps high-speed AMIS-30523 integrates a stepper motor driver and CAN transceiver in a single package, two-die device. The configuration can be used to control multiple motors of the same type on a single bus, and delivers space savings in designs where PCB real estate is limited or where a single PCB mounted on the back of the motor is employed. Typical applications include general purpose stepper motors in automotive, industrial, medical and marine environments.
The NCP1090, NCP1091 and NCP1092 are high power, Power over Ethernet Powered Devices (PoE-PD) interface controller that provide integrated detection, classification and ‘hot-swap’ control in applications such as wireless access point (AP), voice over Internet protocol (VoIP), and video over IP.
AMIS-30523 key highlights:
- Seven step modes from full step up to 32 micro-steps
- 5-bit current DAC
- Programmable peak current of up to 1.6 A
- On-chip voltage regulator and current translator
- SPI interface, reset-output, and watchdog reset
- QFP-52 package measuring 8 mm x 8 mm
- Compatible with ISO 11898-2
NCP1090, NCP1091 and NCP1092 key highlights:
- IEEE 802.3af compliant PoE-PD interface controller
- Power delivery of up to 40 watts (W)
- Three kilo volt (KV) cable discharge immunity
- Inrush and operational current limitation
- Open-drain power good indicator
- Over-temperature protection
- Programmable under voltage lock out (NCP1091 only)
- Vertical N-channel DMOS
- -40 °C to +85 °C operating temperature range
- SOIC and TSSOP eight-pin packages
Datasheets: AMIS-30523 and NCP1090, NCP1091 and NCP1092