Synopsys Inc. has made enhancements to its LightTools illumination design and analysis software.
LightTools, formerly an Optical Research Associates product, is a 3D optical engineering and design software product that supports virtual prototyping, simulation, optimization, and photorealistic renderings of illumination applications.
LightTools version 7.1 delivers new analytical capabilities that speeds the development of luminaires, particularly for general lighting and automotive applications. In addition, new user interface features maximize working area and flexibility to help boost designers’ productivity throughout the design and verification process.
LightTools version 7.1 provides:
• Additional photometry type support for far-field and surface receivers
• Standard photometric report generation
• Illuminance data display in the 3D model for fast visualization of results
• CIE colour difference analysis for calculating and optimizing system color performance
• New user interface that maximizes working area and flexibility
The LightTools 7.1 release is available now and can be obtained by emailing email@example.com.