Linear Technology launched three families of low power 16-bit, 25Msps to 125Msps analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) that it claims dissipate approximately half the power of competing 16-bit products.
The LTC2165 and LTC2185 families are single- and two-channel simultaneous sampling parallel ADCs, respectively, offering a choice of full-rate CMOS, or double data rate (DDR) CMOS/LVDS digital outputs with programmable digital output timing, programmable LVDS output current and optional LVDS output termination. The LTC2195 family includes two-channel, simultaneous sampling ADCs with serial LVDS outputs. Each ADC family offers a choice of pin-compatible converters, sampling from 25Msps up to 125Msps and optimized for the lowest power dissipation at the rated speed.
Applications include handheld test and instrumentation, radar/LIDAR, portable medical imaging, PET/SPECT scanners, smart antenna systems and a variety of low-power communication systems.
- 16-bit, 25Msps-125Msps ADCs
- 76.8dB SNR, 90dB SFDR
- Low Power: 185mW/Ch (125Msps)
- Single 1.8V Supply
- Flexible Digital Interfaces:
- LTC2185/LTC2165: CMOS, DDR CMOS or DDR LVDS Outputs
- LTC2195: Serial LVDS
- Selectable Input Ranges: 1VP-P to 2VP-P
- 550MHz Full-Power Bandwidth S/H
- Optional Data Output Randomizer
- Optional Clock Duty Cycle Stabilizer
- Shutdown & Nap Modes
- Serial SPI Port for Configuration
- 48-Pin (7mm x 7mm) QFN Package (LTC2165)
- 64-Pin (9mm x 9mm) QFN Package (LTC2185)
- 52-Pin (7mm x 8mm) QFN Package (LTC2195)
Pricing: Starts at $60each for the single 125Msps device in 1,000-piece quantities.