STMicroelectronics has unveiled a customizable high-end motor-control module dubbed SPIMD20 that is small enough to mount directly on the motor as well as provide connection via industrial Ethernet. Industrial applications include multi-axis robotics, conveyors, packaging machines, and process automation equipment.
The SPIMD20 can drive brushless 3-phase motors up to 2kW. Developed in conjunction with motion-control specialist Robox, the module combines ST's semiconductor technologies, including 1200V/40A IGBT power switches and the TD352 gate driver. Two STM32 microcontrollers provide a powerful processing engine for motor control and networking functions. A real-time communication interface supporting protocols such as EtherCAT and CANopen DS402 is provided. Basic firmware supporting network connectivity and featuring PWM driving, current loop and speed-loop execution synchronized to the fieldbus is also available.
- 800V maximum DC supply voltage
- Hardware Safe Torque OFF
- Safe architecture meeting IEC 61800-5-1
- Serial programming interface
- Position feedback via resolver or digital encoder Vibration analysis and thermal sensing
- 2 Mbytes of on-board Flash plus support for removable memory card
Datasheet: Click here.