Melexis rolled out a custom programmable IMC-Hall sensor, providing contactless current sensing in renewable energy applications, Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) and Electric Vehicle (EV).
The MLX91206 monolithic sensor features Triaxis Hall technology, enabling users to build small, economical current sensor products with fast response times. The chip directly monitors the current flowing in an external conductor such as a bus bar or PCB track. Two product versions are available: the MLX91206CAL for a low magnetic field range of ±10mT, and the MLX91206CAH for a high magnetic field range of up to ±25mT.
- Programmable high speed current sensor
- Fast response time
- Large bandwidth DC– 90kHZ
- Magnetic concentrator (IMC) provides higher Signal to Noise Ratio
- Over voltage and reverse polarity protection
- Broken track diagnostic
- Fast analog output (12 bits resolution DAC)
- PWM output (12 bits resolution ADC)
- Selectable ratio-metric output
- Thermometer output
- Programmable switch function
- 17 bit ID number
- Single die SOIC8 package RoHS compliant
- Lead free component, suitable for lead free soldering, MSL3
Pricing: Price is approximately $126 each in 100k pieces.
Availability: Volume production.
Datasheet: Click here.