Maxim Integrated Products has introduced the MAX16903/MAX16904, automotive-grade, synchronous step-down converters that consume only 25microamps (no load) and deliver 1A and 600mA, respectively.
These 2.1MHz step-down converters are optimized for operation over the 3.5V to 28V range. Designed to withstand the extreme battery-voltage conditions in automotive applications, the MAX16903/MAX16904 tolerate load-dump transients up to 42V and cold-crank excursions down to 3.5V. The devices are capable of running at high duty cycle to maintain a steady output voltage during cold-crank and start/stop conditions.
- Wide +3.5V to +28V Input Voltage Range
- Tolerates Input Voltage Transients to +42V
- 1A and 600 mA Minimum Output Current with Overcurrent Protection
- Fixed Output Voltages (+3.3V and +5V)
- 2.1MHz Switching Frequency with 3 Modes of Operation
o 25µA Ultra-Low Quiescent Current Skip Mode
o Forced Fixed-Frequency Operation
o External Frequency Synchronization
- Optional Spread-Spectrum Frequency Modulation
- Power-Good Output
- Enable-Pin Compatible from +3.3V Logic Level to +42V
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- -40°C to +125°C Automotive Temperature Range
- 10-Pin TDFN-EP or 16-Pin TSSOP-EP Packages
- AEC-Q100 Qualified
Pricing: Starts at $2.96 (1000-up, FOB USA).
Datasheets: MAX16903 and MAX16904