Power Integrations rolled out LinkZero-LP, the latest member of its Zero switcher IC product line that automatically enters an innovative zero-input-power mode when the load is disconnected, cutting no-load power consumption to 0.00 watts.
LinkZero-LP targets chargers and adapters up to 3.2 W for a broad range of small portable devices, including mobile phones, media players, eBook readers, tools, and toothbrushes. LinkZero-LP eliminates no-load waste without a mechanical switch, using the company’s patented EcoSmart energy-efficiency technology, in combination with a proprietary power-down mode that senses when no load is present and then disables switching of the IC’s internal high-voltage MOSFET. The LinkZero-LP device automatically restarts when a load is detected.
- Cuts no-load power consumption to 0.00 W
- Targets chargers and adapters up to 3.2W
- Eliminates mechanical switch
- Exhibits tight IC parameter tolerances
- Extended creepage distance in the SO-8C package
- Integrated 700 V MOSFET with hysteretic thermal shutdown protection
- 100 kHz operating frequency
- Frequency jittering
Pricing: Starts at $0.32 each for 10,000-piece quantities.
Datasheet: Click here.