Semtech Corp. has expanded its point-of-load (POL) regulator platform to include a highly-integrated, 4A output current, synchronous buck regulator with programmable soft-start in a tiny 3 x 3 x 0.6mm package.
The SC185 integrates the regulator, loop compensation components, power MOSFETs and MOSFET drivers on one chip, eliminating the need for external loop stabilization components and programming resistors. This allows designers to easily drop the SC185 onto their PC board, minimizing layout time and effort and reducing the total board space requirements to 89mm2.
- 4A output current
- Programmable soft-start
- Tiny, low-profile, 16-pad 3 x 3 x 0.6mm MLPQ package with exposed thermal pad
- 89mm2 solution footprint
- Integrated regulator, loop compensation components, MOSFETs and MOSFET drivers
- High operating efficiency up to 95%
- Automatic power-save (PSAVE) to maximize standby efficiency
- Fast transient response
- 1.5MHz PWM switching frequency
Pricing: $1.60 each in 3,000-piece lots.
Availability: Immediately in production quantities. Ordering codes are: SC185BULTRT (1.0V), SC185EULTRT (1.2V), SC185HULTRT (1.5V) SC185JULTRT (1.8V), SC185LULTRT (2.5V) and SC185QULTRT (3.3V). The ordering code for starter kits is SC185EVK. Datasheet: Click here.