austriamicrosystems announced the AS5013, a contactless magnetic encoder IC that monitors the displacement of a magnet incorporated in a knob relative to its center position and provides x and y position information via an I˛C interface.
The AS5013 Hall-sensor IC is used in the EasyPoint mini joystick module, which consists of a mechanical stack incorporating a navigation knob, a magnet and the AS5013 magnetic encoder IC. Its simple construction and contactless sensing technology give the module very high reliability and is designed for any kind of 360° navigation input device.
- 2.7V to 3.6V operating voltage
- down to 1.7V peripheral supply voltage
- less than 190ľA current consumption in low power mode (50Hz rate)
- 3ľA current consumption in idle mode
- lateral magnet movement radius up to 2mm
- I˛C interface up to 3.4MHz
- configurable interrupt output for motion detection
- 2 operating modes: Idle mode and low power mode
- Configurable read out rate, internally or externally synchronized
Pricing: $2.92 in 1ku.
Datasheet: Click here.