Power Integrations announced a new reference design (RDK-251) for a 5-watt offline LED driver that includes flicker-free TRIAC dimming and single-stage power factor correction (PFC).
The reference design is based on Power Integrations' LNK457DG, a member of the LinkSwitch-PL family of LED driver ICs optimized for compact, non-isolated installations. The reference design is suitable for compact form factors due to its low component count of 38 passives and discretes (29 for non-dimming applications), as well as the LinkSwitch-PL device.
- Provides single constant-current output of 350 mA at a nominal LED string voltage of 15 V
- Output current can be reduced using a standard AC mains TRIAC dimmer down to 1% (3 mA)
- Supply is compatible with leading-edge dimmers and more sophisticated trailing-edge dimmers
- Operates over the universal AC input range (85 VAC to 265 VAC, 47 Hz to 63 Hz)
- Withstands an input range of 0 VAC to 300 VAC
- Power factor is high (>0.9)
- Input current total harmonic distortion (THD) is low (<10% at 115 VAC and <15% at 230 VAC)
Pricing: $0.86 each for 10,000-piece quantities.
Availability: LinkSwitch-PL devices are available now in SO-8, eSOP and eDIP packages.
Datasheet: Click here.