Microsemi Corp. announced two multi-port additions to its 60W PoE midspan family of IEEE 802.3at standards-compliant high-power PoE products that include four-pair powering and gigabit switching support.
The PowerDsine 6-port PD-9506G and 12-port PD-9512G midspans deliver up to 60W of power over all four pairs of Ethernet cabling, cutting power dissipation in half when compared to conventional two-pair solutions and providing 15 percent less energy consumption, according to Microsemi. The midspans also include a gigabit interface to more easily support high-power devices such as PTZ cameras and thin clients; and implement 2-event classification as specified in the IEEE 802.3at specifications for communications with connected devices.
- High Power over 4-pairs - 72W per port
- 100% IEEE 802.3at-2009 compliant
- High efficiency, dissipating 50% less power than 2-pair switches and Midspans
- Supported data rates: 10/100/1000BaseT
- Scalable 6 & 12-port models
- Power redundancy:
- Mutual midspan-to-midspan backup
- DC backup via external PowerDsine RPS products
- PowerView Pro secure, remote SNMPv3 and Web-based management
- Supports both IPv4 and IPv6 addressing
- PoE 802.3af backward compatible
Pricing: Starts at $1199.
Availability: Production volumes.
Datasheet: Click here.