Extreme Engineering Solutions Inc. (X-ES) introduced
a conduction- or air-cooled 3U VPX Single Board Computer (SBC).
X-ES’s first of six standard form factor products
based on the 2nd generation Intel Core i7 processor, the XPedite7470
uses the processor's quad-core technology operating at 2.1 GHz to deliver
enhanced performance and efficiency. It is being marketed as a COTS product for
deployed military applications.
The XPedite7470 initially will be based on the Intel
Core i7-2715QE processor and Intel QM67 Express chipset. Other XPedite7470
processor options will be available later in 1Q11.
- Quad-core Intel Core i7-2715QE processor with Intel Hyper-Threading Technology
- Up to 8 GB of DDR3-1333 ECC SDRAM in two channels
- 32 MB of boot flash and up to 16 GB of user flash
- An XMC/PrPMC site
- Two x4 Gen2 PCI Express VPX backplane interconnects
- Two optional 10/100/1000BASE-T or 1000BASE-BX Ethernet ports
- Two optional USB 2.0 high-speed ports
- Two optional SATA 3.0 or 6.0 Gb/s ports
- Two DVI graphics ports
Availability: Initial deliveries of
the XPedite7470 are scheduled for March 2011. In addition to 3U VPX, X-ES
products based on the 2nd generation Intel Core i7 processor will be
available in other form factors including 6U VPX, 3U and 6U CompactPCI, VME,
Datasheet: Click here.