Microchip Technology Inc. announced the RE46C190 3V photo smoke-detector IC with horn driver and boost regulator.
The smoke-detector IC offers low-voltage operation with programmable calibration and operating modes, enabling operating modes to be selected and calibrated during manufacturing. This simplifies smoke-detector design and manufacturing, and reduces component count, and cost. Additionally, the IC's low operating current of 8 µA typical enables up to 10 years of operation from a single Lithium battery. Two Alkaline batteries may also be used to power the RE46C190.
- Two AA battery operation
- Low quiescent current consumption
- Internal IRED driver with Programmable IRED Current
- Programmable photo amplifier
- Programmable smoke sensitivity levels
- 9 minute timer for reduced sensitivity operation
- Chamber test with programmable sensitivity level
- Internal low battery test with programmable threshold
- Interconnect up to 40 detectors
- Local alarm memory
- Temporal or continuous horn pattern
- All internal oscillator
- Internal power on reset
- Available 16L N SOIC
Pricing: $0.94 each, in 10,000-unit quantities.
Availability: Now in a 16-pin SOIC 150 mil, package.
Datasheet: Click here.