An automated IEEE 802.3at powered device analysis from Sifos Technologies provides one-button, fully automated test sequences and limit processing for critical powered device operating parameters.
With measurements performed at the powered device network interface, many parameters critical to IEEE 802.3at interoperation can be efficiently compared to specification requirements thus fully avoiding the need for extensive interoperability testing with IEEE 802.3at power source equipment (PSE's) and network connections.
The analyzer provides:
- Automated testing of IEEE 802.3at PD parameters;
- One-button IEEE 802.3at test sequencer & spreadsheet report;
- PD load monitoring and class compliance analysis;
- PD load monitoring over voltage;
- Informative pop-up spreadsheet reports & statistics;
- PD source power to 30 Watts;
- Compliant 2-event high power grants;
- Thru port for external PD control, Packet test & LLDP test;
- Optional user-defined test and limits;
- Use stand-alone or with host PC;
- Available as PDA-100 to PDA-300 upgrade.
The PDA-300 performs comprehensive, multi-state electrical testing of the powered device, including full power states achieved following an 802.3at 2-event power grant.
Verification of LLDP protocol and state behaviors of a powered device can be done by routing the PDA-300 THRU port to an LLDP (PSE) emulation entity. The PDA-300 load monitor may then be used to assess PD power state changes and any potential violations of Pclass_max, Ppeak_max, and LLDP power request levels.
Sifos offers flexible LLDP emulation in the PSA-3000 platform that can be configured for PSE LLDP simulations.