Vishay Intertechnology Inc. is broadening its optoelectronics portfolio with a new series of miniature IR receivers for remote control systems that combine a PIN diode, preamplifier, and internal filter for PCM frequency in one ultra-thin package with a 1.3 mm top-view profile.The design of the TSOP85…AP5 devices results in a high sensitivity-to-size ratio, with irradiance from 0.15 mW/sqm to 0.35 mW/sqm over wide angles of ±75°.
The devices are offered in four automatic gain control (AGC) versions. The TSOP852..AP5 is compatible with all common IR remote control data formats. The TSOP853..AP5 and TSOP854..AP5 suppress almost all spurious pulses from energy-saving fluorescent lamps. The TSOP855..AP5 is immune to dimmed LCD backlighting and any fluorescent lamps. In addition, the TSOP853..AP5 and TSOP855..AP5 are both compatible with short-burst codes.
- Supply current of 0.35 mA typical at 3.3 V
- Supply voltage range of 2.5 V to 5.5 V
- Operate over a carrier frequency of 36 kHz to 56 kHz.
- Offer a 35 m transmission distance
- Internal filter for PCM frequency
- Insensitive to supply voltage ripple and noise
- Pin-to-pin compatible with market standards
- Compliant to RoHS directive 2002/95/EC and in accordance to WEEE 2002/96/EC
- Halogen-free according to the IEC 61249-2-21 definition
Pricing: $1 per piece.
Availability: Samples and production quantities are available now, with lead times of four to six weeks for large orders.
Datasheets: TSOP852..AP5 and TSOP853..AP5