Linear Technology Corp. has introduced the LTC3810H-5, a high input voltage synchronous step-down DC/DC controller with guaranteed specifications for junction temperatures as high as 150°C.
This device employs a constant, on-time valley current-mode control architecture, delivering very low duty cycles and extremely fast transient response with accurate cycle-by-cycle current limit without requiring a sense resistor. It can directly step down voltages from 60V to an output voltage ranging from 0.8V to 93% of VIN. Applications include 48V power conversion in telecom and datacom, as well as automotive and industrial systems susceptible to high surge voltages.
- -40°C to 150°C guaranteed junction temperature operation
- Up to 60V input voltage operation
- Wide output voltage range from 0.8V to 0.93VIN
- Synchronous rectification
- Adjustable low constant on-time down to 100ns
- Valley current-mode control
- Large 1 Ohm gate drivers
- No current sense resistor required
- Power good output signal
- Adjustable cycle-by-cycle current limit
- 100kHz to 1Mhz selectable frequency or synchronizable to an external clock
- Selectable pulse skipping or continuous operation
Pricing: 1,000 piece pricing starts at $3.76 each.
Availability: Now in a 5mm x 5mm QFN-32 package.
Datasheet: Click here.