iWatt announced two primary-side-regulated, leading- and trailing-edge-dimmable, AC/DC digital PWM controllers targeting 100V/230VAC offline LED lighting applications.
Designed for LED drivers used in space-constrained incandescent replacement lamps, the iW3612 (3W to 25W) and iW3602 (3W to 10W) LED driver ICs are pin compatible with the previous-generation iW3610, but offer wider dimmer compatibility and introduce new hot-plug support, where the user can swap the LED engine without recycling the input power for the LED driver.
- Isolated AC/DC offline 100 Vac / 230 Vac LED driver
- Up to 25 W output power (iW3612) and 10W output power (iW3602)
- Line frequency ranges from 45 Hz to 66 Hz
- Intelligent wall dimmer detection
- Hybrid dimming scheme
- Wide dimming range from 1% up to 100%
- No visible flicker
- Resonant control to achieve high efficiency, 85% without dimmer
- Temperature compensated LED current
- Small size design
- Primary-side sensing eliminates the need for opto-isolator feedback and simplifies design
- Tight LED current regulation ±5%
- Fast start-up, typically 10 μA start-up current
- Hot-plug LED module support
- Multiple protection features
Pricing: The iW3602 is priced at $0.84 and the iW3612 at $0.98 in 1,000-piece quantities.
Product briefs: iW3602 and iW3612