Renesas Electronics Corp. has started to sample a high-voltage N-channel power MOSFET dubbed RJK60S5DPK for high efficiency power supply units in PC servers, base stations and solar power generation systems.
The RJK60S5DPK power MOSFET is used in the primary power switching circuit of a power supply unit, which converts alternating current to direct current. It is the first product in Renesas Electronics’ high-voltage power MOSFET series that employs a high-precision super junction structure, boosting its figure of merit (FOM) by 90% compared with the company’s existing products. It also achieves an on-resistance of 150 milliohm (mΩ , standard value at ID = 10 A, VGSS = 10 V), approximately 52 percent lower than Renesas Electronics’ existing power MOSFETs. This reduces the amount of loss that occurs during power conversion.
- Drain to Source Voltage (VDSS): 600 V
- Gate to Source Voltage (VGSS): 30 V
- Drain Current (ID): 20 A
- Static drain to source on state resistance (RDS(on)):150 m? TYP. (ID = 10 A, VGSS = 10 V)
- Gate to drain charge (Qgd): 6 nC TYP. (ID = 10 A, VGSS = 10 V)
- Gate to source cutoff voltage (VGS(off)): 3 V to 5 V
- Channel temperature (Tch): +150ºC
- Package: TO-3PSG
Pricing: $5 each in sample quantities.
Availability: Sampling with mass production to begin April 2011.