Silicon Laboratories Inc. has beefed up its QuickSense product line with next-generation infrared (IR) and ambient light sensors for human interface applications.
Available in a optically clear 2 x 2 x 0.75 mm 10-pin QFN package, the Si114x sensors enable proximity sensing and touchless interfaces for handsets, eReaders, netbooks, tablets, personal media players, toys, office equipment, industrial controls, security systems, point-of-sale stations and many other products.
- QuickSense integrated infrared proximity sense with ambient light sensing
- Support for advanced touchless gesturing with up to 3 independent LED drivers
- Ultra-sensitive photodiodes with over 50 cm proximity range
- I2C interface for ease of communication with host MCU
- Adjustable proximity detection from 1 cm to over 1 m
- 1 to 128 kLux dynamic range enables operation in direct sunlight
- Minimum reflectance sensitivity of <1µW/cm2
- Short simple pulse 85.6 ns measurement minimizes power consumption
- <500 nA standby current; typical 9.7 mA current consumption
- Operating temperature –40 to 85°C
- 15 dynamically adjustable LED current settings
- Small-outline 10-lead 2x2 mm QFN
Pricing: Ranges from $1.22 for single LED to $1.98 for multiple LED implementations in 10,000-unit quantities.
Datasheet: Click here.