VPG has released the VPR5Z and VPR7Z high precision Bulk Metal Foil power current sensing resistors with low TCR to ±0.05 ppm/°C, tolerances to ±0.01%, and high power ratings to 7 W.
The VPR5Z and VPR7Z Bulk Metal Foil power current sensing resistors are designed to be direct replacements for certain wirewound devices but without the inductive characteristics of wirewounds. Applications include battery chargers, current regulators, dc-to-dc converters, diagnostic equipment, electronic scales, motor controls, motor drivers, over current protection, pressure sensors, PWM input circuits, remote monitoring, satellite receivers, and voltage regulators in military/aerospace and surveillance applications.
- Temperature coefficient of resistance (TCR): ± 0.05 ppm/°C (0 °C to 60 °C) and ± 0.2 ppm/°C (- 55 °C to + 125 °C, + 25 °C ref.)
- Tolerance: ± 0.01 %
- Resistance range: 5 Ω to 100 KΩ
- Vishay Foil Resistors are not restricted to standard values; specific “as required” values can be supplied at no extra cost or delivery (e.g. 1K2345 vs. 1K)
- Load life stability: ± 0.01 % (100 ppm) at 70 °C, 2000 h at rated power
- Electrostatic discharge (ESD) up to 25 000 V
- Non-inductive, non-capacitive design
- Rise time: 1 ns effectively no ringing
- Current noise: 0.010 μVRMS/V of applied voltage (< - 40 dB)
- Thermal stabilization time < 1 s (nominal value achieved within 10 ppm of steady state value)
- Thermal EMF: 0.05 μV/°C typical
- Voltage coefficient: < 0.1 ppm/V
- Non-inductive: < 0.08 μH
- Pattern design minimizing hot spots
- Terminal finish available: lead (Pb)-free or tin/lead alloy
Pricing: For U.S. delivery starts at $14.97.
Availability: Samples and production quantities available now, with lead times of five days for samples, and eight weeks for standard orders.
Datasheet: Click here.